A resistance band is a stretchy band of fabric, made of latex or rubber, that is used for strengthening and toning exercises. It is also known as a fitness band, gym band, or exercise band.
The bands come in different colors and levels of resistance. The lightest bands are typically yellow or green, while the heaviest bands are black or red. To use a resistance band for exercises, you simply wrap it around your body and hold on to the ends. Then you can do various exercises such as bicep curls, squats, lunges, and rows.
In this blog, we will talk about the top 7 resistance band exercises and how can you achieve your fitness goals with this simple object.
#1. Chest Press
- Anchor a band around a sturdy post and lie facing the band, holding the band with your palms parallel to each other.
- Stretch the band until your hands are shoulder-width apart and position your feet hip-width apart for stability.
- Keeping your elbows close to your body, press your hands forward until they are in line with your chest. Pause and then slowly return to the starting position.
#2. Triceps Pushdown
- To do triceps pushdowns with a resistance band, you’ll need to anchor the band around a sturdy post or door frame.
- Step inside the band and hold it taut with your hands shoulder-width apart. Bend your elbows and lower your body until your arms are bent at 90 degrees.
- Keeping your core engaged, press down on the band to straighten your arms. Pause, then slowly lower them back to the starting position.
#3. Calf Raise
There are a few ways to do calf raises with a resistance band. One way is to loop the band around a sturdy post or railing and hold on to the band while you raise your heels. Another option is to stand on the band and use your own body weight to provide resistance. You can also place the band around your ankles and raise your heels off of the ground.
To do the exercise, simply stand with your feet hip-width apart and position the band around your ankles. Raise your heels off of the ground, making sure to keep your toes pointed down. Hold for two seconds before lowering them back down. Repeat for 12-15 repetitions.
#4. Lateral shoulder raise
- Anchor a band around a sturdy post and stand facing it with your feet hip-width apart, holding the band with your palms parallel to each other.
- Step forward so that tension develops in the band and raise your arms out to the sides to shoulder height, maintaining tension in the band at all times.
- Pause for two seconds before lowering slowly back to the start position.
#5. Glute Kick-Back
- Secure a band around a sturdy post.
- Step on the band with your left foot, and hold the band with your left hand.
- Keep your core engaged, and lean forward slightly so that you are balanced on your left leg.
- Using your glutes, raise your right leg behind you until it is parallel to the ground.
- Hold for two seconds, then lower back to the starting position.
Repeat for 12 reps, then switch sides.
#6. Resistance Band Kneeling Crunches
Anchor the band around a sturdy post and kneel on the band.
Hold the ends of the band with your hands and pull your abs in. Curl your torso towards your knees, then slowly lower yourself back to start. Perform 10-15 reps for 2-3 sets.
#7. Resistance Band Squat
The Resistance Band Squat is a great lower body exercise that can be performed with or without weights. To perform the exercise, you will need a resistance band. Step on to the middle of the band, and hold it with both hands against your chest. Position your feet shoulder-width apart, and point your toes out slightly.
Bend at your hips and knees, and squat down as far as you can. Keep your back straight, and do not let your knees move past your toes. Pause briefly in the bottom position, then drive up to the starting position.
How 6262 Fitness can help you?
We provide online fitness training or personal trainner to help you achieve your fitness goals in a number of ways. First, our trainers create individualized programs that are tailored to your specific needs and abilities.
Second, our program is designed to be convenient and easy to follow, so you can fit it into your busy schedule. Third, our program is affordable and includes a range of exercises that target all the major muscle groups. Finally, our trainers provide support and motivation with every step of the way, so you’ll always have someone to cheer you on.
For more information, reach out to our experts at:
- Call us on: +91 97699 42205
- Email us on: email@example.com