If you have a goal to lose weight, get fitter or become more healthy, having a fitness trainer can help you enhance your chances of reaching that goal by a huge amount. Now, most gyms have trainers who watch over your workouts. But if you want to see results faster, it’s always a good idea to hire a personal trainer. So, the question you need to ask yourself is how you will be able to find the best fitness trainer in India for yourself.
In this blog, we share with you some tips you need to know to find the right trainer for you who will be able to guide and assist you through your fitness and health journey.
What Do You Need From A Fitness Trainer?
You need to have a clear goal as to what you want the personal trainer to do. For instance, is it your goal to lose weight for health reasons? Accordingly, depending on your fitness goals, the trainer will be able to suggest exercises or workout routines that suit your body, your schedule, and the equipment you have.
Moreover, he will be able to help you keep track of how hard you are working to ensure that you do not overwork yourself while still following the routine set for you.
So, here are some questions that you need to ask yourself:
- Is it because you do not see any results?
- Do you need someone to push you to stay motivated?
- Is there any specific area you want to focus on?
- How much weight exactly do you want to lose, and within what time frame?
Understanding the exact reason that you need a personal trainer will help you in deciding which approach to take and what kind of personal trainer you want to hire for that.
How To Find A Good Personal Trainer
You can do a bunch of different things to discover a good fitness trainer. Here are a few examples:
Do Your Homework
There are many personal trainers in India, but you cannot always know if most of them will be as invested in your fitness journey as you. Some are only in it for the money, and if you are coached by such people, it will not be a fruitful journey for you. Hence, the first step you should take is to run a fast background check on any potential personal trainers.
After asking your friends and family members to recommend you a good personal trainer, ask them whether they were satisfied with the trainer’s workout routines and if they got the result they wanted. Also, you can enquire about the trainer’s professionalism. For instance, was he dedicated, punctual or well-prepared?
Also, ensure that you look for a trainer who has worked with others who share your physical characteristics, such as your body type or age. Such trainers will be able to understand your specific challenges and requirements.
Make a list of the best trainers for you based on what you’ve learned.
Interview The Trainers
How Much Do Personal Trainers Cost?
According to Superprof, the average cost of personal trainers in India is ₹1,376.
However, it’s important to remember that the price differs based on various factors:
- The number of years of experience the PT has.
- Fitness session location. For instance, will the personal trainer be coming to your home, or will you be going to meet him at the gym where he works?
- How long and how often your training sessions will be.
Hiring A Fitness Trainer: Pros And Cons
- A Workout Plan Tailored For You: A personal trainer will make a workout sheet just for you, taking into account your ability, flexibility, and the results you want to see. This will make working out easier for you and according to your pace.
- Working Out The Right Way: When it comes to exercises, we all think we’re using the right form, but we might actually be doing it wrong. When a professional trainer observes your workout, they’ll know where you’re doing it wrong and help you fix it since bad form can sometimes lead to very serious injuries.
- Health And Well-Being: With hectic schedules almost every day, there are days when we put our health and fitness last. But with a personal trainer, you will have someone who cares about your health and well-being. They will help you reach your goal by making you work out every day.
- Motivation And Inspiration: One of the many duties of a personal trainer is to motivate and inspire their clients. They push you to reach your goals, and even on days when you do not feel like completing your workout plans, your trainer can push you to do them. So, find a trainer who is enthusiastic and loves what they do.
- Fast Results: If you are planning to be a part of an upcoming sports event, a personal trainer will help you get ready for the event based on what your body can do, which gyms can’t do. With the right advice and skills, you can get your desired results in a very short amount of time.
- Price: The price of hiring a fitness trainer is not something that everyone can afford, especially if you want a good trainer with enough experience and skills.
- Lack Of Qualifications: Not All personal trainers are qualified to do their jobs. A lot of gyms provide their own certifications for trainers that may not be the same as the standard ones. So, it’s not always easy to know if that person has the right skills.
- Online Workout Plans: There are many free workout plans you can find online. You can save tons of money with free workout apps, YouTube tutorials, and some really cheap courses. You can enroll in 6262 online fitness classes to achieve your fitness goals.
- Personality Mismatch: Because of what they do for a living, most personal trainers are strong-willed or stubborn. This could be a problem if you can’t work well under pressure or can’t follow instructions.
- Timing And Location Issues: Even if you decide to hire a personal trainer, you’ll need to think about where to work out and how to manage your time. When you have time to work out might be when someone else is meeting with the trainer. If you don’t have much time, this could be a big problem. Also, some rural areas might not have many trainers; therefore, you may be required to go a long way to find the right trainer.
10 Questions To Ask Your Personal Trainer
You and your fitness trainer must speak as often as possible to ensure that you are doing everything correctly during your health and fitness journey. So, here are ten questions you need to ask your personal trainer.
1. What do I need to eat before I work out?
Before you work out, you must have some type of fuel in your body. If you eat a carbohydrate that’s easy to break down about an hour before you go to the gym, you’ll have enough energy to finish your plan. Try fruit, yoghurt, or toast with peanut butter. Don’t eat too much, or you’ll feel heavy and sluggish.
2. What do I eat after a session of workout?
It’s important to eat after a workout. You need to get more glycogen into your body and feed the muscles you just worked out. Sports nutritionists say that you should eat a small snack with protein and carbs that are easy to digest about an hour after your workout and then eat the next meal after an hour or two.
3. How many times do I have to work out per week?
Depending on what your fitness and health goals are, you’ll need to exercise at least thrice a week to have results. If you do less than that, you will feel like you are always restarting from the top every time you work out.
4. How often should I see my trainer?
You must keep in mind that everyone has different requirements for how frequently they should do personal training. So, based on your reasons for seeing your trainer, they will be able to tell you how many times a month you need to see them.
5. How soon will I be able to tell if my exercise is working?
You should feel the effects of your training before you see them. People who stick with their workout plan religiously for two to three weeks usually notice improvements in how they sleep, how they feel, and how much energy they have.]
6. Should I do cardio or weights first?
Many people without fitness trainers often ask this question. It’s important to know that which one you do first depends on you, your health and your goals.
7. What does your plan offer?
Before deciding on which trainer to choose, ask them what their programme has to offer. For instance, how many times a week do you meet or how long does each one last? You can’t simply assume anything since you could pay one price, thinking that everything is included, just to find out that nothing is.
8. What is the best way to eat to lose weight?
Any diet that you can keep up for as long as it takes. Studies have shown that the only thing that leads to success is sticking to the diet, no matter what it is.
9. What is your policy regarding cancellations?
Trainers usually get paid per hour, so if they don’t have a client, they don’t get paid. Because of this, most of them have a 24-hour cancellation rule. Make sure they explain this to you before you accept any contracts. You should ensure that you are in agreement with their rules and that you can follow them.
10 .Do you know anything about nutrition?
Eighty per cent of how well you do will depend on what you eat. So, hiring a trainer who knows a lot about nutrition would be an added bonus. Your eating is the most important thing, and you need a good PT to show you how and what to eat to reach your goals.
How to choose the right fitness trainer: Conclusion
As you will be investing your time, money, and energy, it’s important that you do your research and ask all the right questions to find the right personal trainer for you. We hope this blog acts as your step-by-step guide to finding the right fitness trainer.